We are delighted to release the first version of SASE - SASE 1.0. (more...)
Today high-volume event streams naturally exist in a variety of environments including sensing devices, financial services, network monitors, etc. An increasing number of applications require that useful information be extracted from such event streams in a timely manner. Such translation from event streams to useful, actionable information is realized by a new processing paradigm called complex event processing. CEP aims to provide a set of core functions:
- Filtering removes unwanted events
- Correlation detects complex patterns across different events.
- Aggregation computes aggregate values.
- Transformation generates new types of events.
To this end, we are designing and implementing a complex event processor, which we call SASE (Stream-based And Shared Event processing). SASE provides:
- A rich declarative event language
- Formal semantics of the event language
- Theorectical underpinnings of CEP
- An efficient automata-based implementation
We gratefully acknowledge the funding provided by the following agency:
Create your own visitor map!
Next page: Code Release